- The puzzles are absolutely fantastic and very engaging. They are clever in design and fit the story perfectly.
- The controls are very easy to master and are responsive throughout, which is great considering you will be chased a lot.
- The soundtrack is absolutely stunning. The different sounds create a brilliant atmosphere with tension throughout.
- The visuals are very disturbing yet look fantastic at the same time. This is especially the case in the environments.
- They do an excellent job of making the game genuinely scary. They do this in a very suttle way and it works very well.
- The story is simply wonderful and the moments they create definitely stay with you long after completion.
- The game is a little on the short side. I would have definitely loved more, which is a testament to how good the game is.
- The load times can be a little long at times. When you die expect to wait a bit to start again, which can be frustrating at times.
All in all Little Nightmares had me hooked from start to finish. The game has plenty of elements that connect with each other perfectly, which culminates into a gaming masterpiece. The game’s story is a very interesting tale that captivates you right from the start. The story is scary yet carries with it meaningful moments that stay with you long after completion. I just wish the game was a little longer because I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. The puzzles that accompany the story are very clever in design. They have done a fantastic job in making the puzzles matter and they all add to the story and feel realistic. The controls are very responsive and they are easy to master. This is very good because there are plenty of sticky situations you will find yourself in. The presentation side of the game is simply stunning. The visuals carry with it a charm that will genuinely scare you, but they look fantastic as well. The soundtrack captures fear to the max and each different note adds something to the immersion. At the end of the day Little Nightmares is one of my favourite games that’s come out this year. They have done a wonderful job across the board, and the emotions you feel throughout the game are a testament to the fantastic design. Little Nightmares is a game I thoroughly recommend you try out because it’s fantastic from start to finish and it will stay with you long after you have completed it.
I rate Little Nightmares 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Tarsier Studios
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Genre: Action Adventure
Release Date (Xbox One): April 28, 2017