- The World Tour mode can be fun at times. It does a good job of getting more difficult as you progress through the stages.
- They mix up the tracks quite well. While there may only be a few tracks, the tracks are varied quite a lot.
- Visually the game looks terrible. Nothing about it stands out and it looks more like an original Xbox game.
- The soundtrack is boring and repetitive. The tracks they do have will annoy you very quickly and overall it’s terrible.
- The controls are simply awful. They never respond when you want them to and they never seem to get better the whole way through.
- The game offers no customisation at all. You can’t change your riders look and you can’t change your ATV, leading to everything being the same.
- There is no story or any text to give you any sort of information. Basically you race and that’s it.
- The tricks are absolutely poor. Most of the time you do the same trick every time because the jumps are not high enough to do anything else.
All in all I have played my fair share of ATV games over the years, and most of them have been pretty good, unfortunately ATV Renegades is not good at all. It’s clear from the moment you start your first race that this game is poorly made. Visually the game is terrible to look at and I remember games on the original Xbox looking a lot better. Everything about the ATV’s are poor in design. You never feel like you have control of the ATV because the controls are so unresponsive. You also can’t do anything to customise your ATV or your rider, so what you see is what you get. I was expecting the tricks to rescue the game, but they were just as poor as the rest of the game. There is no variation with the tricks and most of the time you don’t have enough time to do the tricks. The tracks that you compete in are not too bad and are probably the game’s only saving grace. They mix up the tracks pretty well and sometimes you get a hint of fun, but it doesn’t last long. At the end of the day I recommend that you stay clear of ATV Renegades at all costs. I had a terrible time with this game and It’s quite possibly the worst ATV game I have ever played.
I rate ATV Renegades 2/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Renegade Kid
Publisher: Nighthawk Interactive
Release Date (Xbox One): April 18, 2017