- This game is absolutely perfect for parties with plenty of people. I had a few friends around and we had a blast.
- The game is very easy to learn and that leads to some frantic and fun games. They do a great job of not over complicating things.
- I was a big fan of the soundtrack and visuals. The soundtrack had me nodding to the beat multiple times and the visuals suit the retro vibe very well.
- I was very pleased to see that an online multiplayer option was included. I tested it out multiple times and it worked very well.
- The game is very addictive and once you start you will keep coming back for more, so the replay value can be quite high.
- I definitely think a few extra modes should have been added. Sometimes boredom can set in, so this would have kept things fresh.
- I think the game could have used some more characters and arenas. The arenas and characters get repetitive quickly.
All in all Lethal League is one of them games that is best enjoyed with a group of friends. It does offer single-player, but I enjoyed it far more with friends and in the end Lethal League is a very fun and enjoyable game. The game never takes itself too seriously and the easy to learn controls allows you to focus solely on the battles ahead. What the game does really well is hook you straight away. It’s very addictive and the first time I played it I didn’t stop playing for hours, which means the replay value can be quite high at times. I was very pleased to see an online multiplayer included and I tested this mode out quite a bit. The online multiplayer held up pretty well and I was able to find and join a game relatively easy. In my opinion the online multiplayer would have definitely benefited and it would have been even better if the game had a few extra modes, characters and arenas. The presentation side of the game is very well done. It’s retro in design and reminds me of an old Dreamcast game, which I love. The soundtrack will also have you nodding to the beat. At the end of the day Lethal League is a simple game that can provide you with hours of fun. If you love playing with friends then I fully recommend you check this game out, trust me you won’t be disappointed.
I rate Lethal League 7.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Team Reptile
Publisher: Team Reptile
Genre: Action/2D Fighting
Release Date (Xbox One): May 10, 2017