- This game has perfect pick up and play gameplay and it never gets complicated. The easy style benefits the game and allows you to enjoy it more.
- The teleport mechanic is a great addition and makes the game even more fun. This mechanic is responsive and smooth throughout, which is great.
- The game is packed full of humour, and the good thing is that the humour is actually funny. The humour is also placed at the correct times.
- I was very impressed with the combat in the game. They do a good job of keeping things interesting, and the combat is both fast and fluid.
- Visually I think game looks great and I think the aesthetic ties in with the gameplay extremely well.
- I suffered with a few technichal issues at the end of the game. Fortunately it only happens at the end, but it can still frustrate you.
- The level design lacks variety in my opinion. Some of the levels can be fun but they don’t do enough to mix it up, which can be a bit of a let down.
All in all I have had the fortune of playing both Mr. Shifty on PC and Xbox One, and thankfully the game plays just as good on the Xbox One as it does on PC. The gameplay is as good as ever and the easy to pick up and play style allows you to focus solely on the game without being bogged down with complicated instructions. The mechanics on the game work great. I was especially impressed with the teleport mechanic, which works very well and it remains responsive and smooth throughout. The combat in the game has also been done very well. The best thing about the combat is that it remains interesting throughout because it’s fast, fluid and definitely packs a punch. When it comes to the level design I was left a little disappointed. The main reason why I was disappointed is because the levels lack variation and in the end I was crying out for something different. If you like humour that is actually funny then you will fall in love with Mr. Shifty. The humour in the game also comes at the right moments, which is great. The presentation side of the game fits the gameplay perfectly. Visually the game has a nice look to it and the sound design while basic does just enough to make your experience even better. At the end of the day Mr. Shifty is a game that is very simple but is also very addictive. All the mechanics in the game work well, and this allows you to enjoy the game even more. If you have played it on PC then I still recommend you to get it on Xbox One as well because it’s a game that should be enjoyed again and again.
I rate Mr. Shifty 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Team Shifty Games
Genre: Action/Top-Down shooter
Release Date (Xbox One): August 4, 2017