- The first thing you will notice is that the visuals have improved a lot. The visuals have always been good, but Frostbite has took them to another level.
- The AI in the game is the best there’s ever been in a Madden game. The AI has improved greatly when it comes to defense and offense, which is great.
- The Longshot mode is absolutely awesome and it really is a welcome addition to the Madden franchise.
- The MUT Squads is as great as ever. They have managed to take a winning formula and tweak it ever so slightly to make it even more fun and rewarding.
- The gameplay is definitely the best I’ve played in a Madden game. Everything feels tighter and the little changes to the passing make the game feel as fluid as ever.
- I was disappointed to see that there had been no improvements made to the Franchise mode. It’s crying out for a few changes and I was surprised we didn’t see any.
- The players can still feel a little stiff at times and they still bump into each other, which hurts the realism somewhat.
All in all Madden NFL has managed to improve each year, and thankfully it’s no different when it comes to Madden NFL 18. In fact I would go as far to say that this year’s Madden has seen the most improvements and it’s probably my most favourite Madden to date. They have tweaked a lot of things and you will notice a huge difference when it comes to the AI. They have made the AI much more intelligent in terms of defence and offense, and this in turn makes the game’s even more enjoyable. They have also made the gameplay feel tighter and more fluid, and the passing in the game is the best I’ve ever experienced which means it must be amazing because I think the passing has always been great. Madden NFL 18 has added a few extra modes this year and I think the Longshot mode is absolutely brilliant. The story is very good in the new mode and it has a decent length to it and I can’t wait to see what else they do with the story. My biggest and probably only disappointment with this year’s game is the lack of changes to the Franchise mode, and hopefully they will eventually address this. The presentation side of the game is awesome. The frostbite engine has improved the visuals dramatically and at times you think that you’re watching the real athletes, which is awesome. The sound design is also good and it gets you in the mood brilliantly. At the end of the day it shows that EA listens to its gamers because they have gone all out to create a game as realistic and as close to real life as they can. Fans of the Madden series will fall in love with Madden NFL 18 immediately and I can only see it getting stronger and stronger as things progress. The future is definitely bright for the Madden series.
I rate Madden NFL 18 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: EA Tiburon
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date (Xbox One): August 22 & 25, 2017