- Even though it’s free it never forces you to get involved with the micro-transactions, you can still enjoy the game without throwing money at it.
- The progression systems in the game are very well done. They have a lot of depth to them and you actually feel and see the progression, which is great.
- The gameplay in the game is very addictive and is packed with an abundance of replay value. The looting will definitely keep you coming back.
- There is a huge amount of customisation options to sink your teeth into. You can literally change everything and this keeps things fresh and interesting.
- I like the atmosphere the game creates for you. The environment are dark and eerie, and the creatures make the world come alive, which is awesome.
- Unfortunately the game suffers with a few technichal issues at times. I did suffer with a few crashes which did make me become frustrated.
- If you play for long periods then the gameplay can get repetetive. It’s probably best enjoyed by playing for a couple of hours then left alone for a bit.
All in all I know a lot of gamers that are a bit wary of getting involved with free-to-play games because they feel in order to enjoy the full experience you need to use micro-transactions a lot, thankfully Path of Exile doesn’t require you to do that because you can have a very good experience without spending a penny. They have done a good job of catering to all gamers and that benefits the gameplay a great deal. The progression system in the game works great and the most important thing of all is that you can actually feel and see the growth your character undertakes. Whether you use micro-transactions or not the game offers you a huge range of customisation options. You can change whatever you want and this is great because you can add your own personal touch. If you like games that have a lot of replay value then Path of Exile has you covered big time. I have already sunk a great deal of hours into it and that’s because it’s very addictive, so expect to keep coming back to it a lot. I will say however that it’s best enjoyed a few hours here and there because it does get repetitive though. The presentation side of the game does a great job of creating an eerie atmosphere. Visually the game suits the gameplay very well and I like the extra details on the creatures that you face. The sound design is also very well done. At the end of the day Path of Exile is a game you absolutely must try, and it’s free so you’ve got nothing to lose. It has a a lot for you to do and they have created a game that all gamers can play with no limits whatsoever. It’s definitely one of the most enjoyable free-to-play experiences I have had.
I rate Path of Exile 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Grinding Gear Games
Publisher: Grinding Gear Games
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date (Xbox One): August 24, 2017
Price: Free (contains in-app purchases)