- The gameplay is fast-paced and exciting at all times. It really does a great job of getting your adrenaline going and it stays like that throughout.
- I like the upgrade system on offer here. The more you play the more perks and upgrades you get and the best thing is that you can feel the improvement.
- They have done a great job of making the weapons feel awesome. Each weapon has a different feel about it and the shooting mechanics are excellent.
- The enemy variation is very good. There are a lot of enemies for you to take on and each one looks like they have had a lot of thought and effort put into it.
- The online multiplayer modes are excellent. I never had to wait long to get into a game and each mode plays very well.
- The different maps in the game are very well designed. There is a great deal of variation in the maps and most important of all they’re fun.
- The single player content is unfortunately severely lacking. There hasn’t been much effort put into the single player aspect, which is a shame.
All in all I have been waiting for Killing Floor 2 to come to the Xbox One for a long time, so you can imagine how pleased I was when it was announced it was coming to the Xbox One. Thankfully Killing Floor 2 lived up to the hype and it’s a game that I got addicted to straight away. The main thing that stands out in this game is the exciting and fluid gameplay. The gameplay gets you hooked straight away and I couldn’t get enough of the adrenaline fuelled action that was taking place on my screen. The weapons in the game feel awesome and the shooting mechanics when killing an enemy make you feel a great sense of satisfaction. The enemies in the game have a great variety to them and some of the enemy types are very clever in design, and they can scare the hell out of you which is awesome. The maps on the game have been designed to scare and give you fun moments at the same time, and guess what? that’s exactly what they do give you. The game also offers you an excellent upgrade system, and the upgrades and perks are here in abundance. Each different upgrade and perk improves you and the best thing is that you can actually feel and see the improvements. My only gripe with the game is the lack of single player content, but you forget about that quickly because the online multiplayer is that good. At the end of the day I can’t recommend Killing Floor 2 enough. It’s a game that has got me excited about online shooters again, and that’s mainly down to them making the important aspects perfect. If you like games that offer you thrilling action and plenty of gore then you will find it hard to find a better game than Killing Floor 2.
I rate Killing Floor 2 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Tripwire Interactive
Publisher: Tripwire Interactive
Release Date (Xbox One): August 29, 2017