- I love how they offer you random generated levels. Each time you play, the level is different with different enemies, so this keeps things fresh.
- The game offers you a decent amount of unlockables. You can unlock new characters, helmets and find secret levels, which means the game has replay value.
- The controls played really well and remained responsive throughout. I also thought the auto-aim feature they have included is a welcome addition.
- Visually the game has a slight retro feel to it with a modern twist. They have done a great job of creating a dark atmosphere and it makes the game stand out.
- The shooting mechanics have been done really well and they do an excellent job of balancing the gameplay between being challenging and rewarding.
- There is nothing much in terms of a story in the game. I would have liked to have had a little explanation to tell me what had happened etc.
- The enemies you face unfortunately lack variety and in the end you get sick of facing and seeing the same enemies time and time again.
All in all I have always enjoyed a good dungeon crawler and with Feral Fury you get a very good dungeon crawler. Feral Fury has managed to nail the basics really well and it has a lot of replay value, so it will definitely keep you coming back for more again and again. The best thing about the game is the random generated levels. Each time you play a level it’s considerably different and this keeps things fresh, and if they had put as much variation in the enemies then the levels would have been even better. The replay value in the game is very high indeed, and this is mainly down to the unlockables. There are plenty of unlockables to sink your teeth into and these unlockables actually improve you so it gives you a reason to keep playing. The controls in the game are absolutely perfect and the best thing is that they remain responsive throughout. I loved the auto-aim feature and this made the shooting mechanics feel smooth and fluid, which in turn made the gameplay both challenging and rewarding. While I understand that these types of games don’t have much of a story, I can’t help but think that they’ve missed a trick here, and some explanations would have been nice. The presentation side of the game is great and lends the game a certain charm, especially when it comes to the visuals. The visuals manage to create a unique atmosphere which makes you become even more immersed in the game. At the end of the day Feral Fury is a solid little title that I enjoyed a lot. It doesn’t do anything new, but what it does do is nail all the important aspects a game like this needs. It is priced correctly and you will definitely get your money’s worth because the replay value is almost endless. Feral Fury is definitely a game I thoroughly recommend you check out.
I rate Feral Fury 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Skandivania Games
Publisher: Skandivania Games
Genre: Top-Down Shooter
Release Date (Xbox One): August 30, 2017