- The world in the game is absolutely massive. There are plenty of places for you to explore and the world makes the gameplay very immersive.
- Visually the game can look brilliant at times. Everything has a lot of detail going for it and this makes the game come alive wonderfully well.
- The hunting aspect of the game has been done extremely well. Animals hear the slightest noises and the caution you have to take makes the game very realistic.
- The game allows you to use various tools to help you catch your prey. Every little detail has been done really well to allow you to have a very good experience.
- The online co-op has been done to perfection and I never once experienced any problems. It should also be noted that the game can be really fun when playing with friends.
- The game unfortunately has a few technical problems every now and then. They don’t happen very often but they can be a nuisance when hunting.
- If you like games that are full of action then this game is not for you. At times the downtime can be a little boring.
All in all there are very few hunting games out there and the hunting games that we do have unfortunately lack in terms of realism, but when it comes to theHunter: Call of the Wild they’ve done everything perfectly and the realism this game has is as close to the real thing as can be. The world in the game is amazing and absolutely huge. The game rewards exploring and the world does a brilliant job of creating an immersive experience. The hunting aspect which is obviously the most important thing of the game has been done really well, and the realism here is immense. Animals react the way they should do and the various tools you can use give the game a very realistic feel, and when you succeed in getting an animal you get a very satisfied feeling. When hunting the game does however have a few technical issues, they are few and far between but they can disturb you so hopefully they release a patch to sort this. The game can get a bit boring after a while because it can have a lack of action for long periods, but they combat this with a very good online co-op option. The online co-op is extremely fun, and most important of all is that I never suffered with any problems online. The presentation side of the game surprised me because it’s absolutely perfect. Visually the game can look stunning at times, and the sound design in the game gives the game even more of a realistic feel. At the end of the day if you want a hunting experience that allows you to stay in the comfort of your own home but also still feels like you’re actually out hunting then theHunter: Call of the Wild is a must buy. Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best hunting game out there, and I was amazed by how much detail has been included. This game definitely gets a big thumbs up from me and the main reason for that is that the realism is off the charts.
I rate theHunter: Call of the Wild 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Expansive Worlds
Publisher: Avalanche Studios
Genre: Action Adventure/Hunting
Release Date (Xbox One): October 2, 2017