- Visually the game is absolutely stunning. The whole of the open world has been done to perfection and the visuals just make the world feel alive.
- The world in which the game takes place in is absolutely massive and is brimming with stuff to do, and the best thing is that the things you can do are fun and interesting.
- I found the combat system to be the best yet in an Assassin’s Creed game. Everything feels more fluid and satisfying, which is great.
- The story in the game is great and it really does do a good job of captivating you, and this without a doubt made me want to carry on even more.
- The missions in the game have a decent amount of variety going for them and I also thing they did a good job of making each different mission matter.
- I found the stealth sequences in the game to be a little bit simplistic and I would have liked more of a challenge here.
- There are a few too many bugs in the game at the moment, and some of these bugs can impact on the enjoyment you have with the game.
All in all I’m glad that they gave the Assassin’s Creed series the break it so desperately needed. Being such a big fan of the series it was hard to see it become stale, but thankfully that’s all changed. Assassin’s Creed Origins has without a doubt rejuvenated the series, and whilst it still has a few problems it’s still one of the best Creed games I’ve played in years. The combat system seems to have had a complete overhaul and in my opinion this is the best combat I’ve ever played in a Creed game. They’ve also done a great job with the mission variety in the game and I never once got bored on a mission because they made each mission matter. I was however a little disappointed with the stealth sequences in the game, and the main reason why I was disappointed is that I think they’ve made the stealth to easy this time around. The world of Egypt has been created to perfection and it’s absolutely massive so be prepated to explore quite a lot, which is great considering exploring is fun and very interesting. The story in the game is fantastic, exciting and most important of all interesting throughout, and in my opinion this is definitely one of the best story’s the series has had so far. The presentation side of the game is amazing and packed full of fantastic detail, especially when it came to the visuals. The game looks stunning and the amount of effort gone into here is really evident, and this effort makes the world come alive which is awesome. At the end of the day fans of Assassin’s Creed will be relieved to learn that the series has returned to being one of the best game’s on the market. Without a doubt this game has made me fall in love with the series again and they’ve done this by putting a lot of hard work into it. Don’t get me wrong it does still have a few problems and bugs dotted around, but I completely forgot about them because the game was so enchanting and delivered on a number of areas. Assassin’s Creed Origins has made the series come alive and matter again and in the end it gets a massive thumbs up from me.
I rate Assassin’s Creed: Origins 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: Action Adventure/Open-World
Release Date (Xbox One): October 27, 2017