- I think they have done an excellent job with the physics in the game. Getting stuck in the mud and trying to get out has a really realistic feel to it.
- The puzzles in the game are something that really impressed me and the main reason they impressed me is because they were interesting and in a way unique.
- Online in the game plays really well and thankfully I’ve suffered with very few problems playing here. There is also quite a few people online as well.
- The game offers you some decent tutorials and I felt very confident when attempting certain missions because of the good tutorials.
- There is quite a bit of content for you to sink your teeth into and the best thing is that the replay value is quite high.
- The camera is without a doubt the worst camera I’ve ever experienced. It’s just awkward and won’t go where you want it to go.
- When played for too long it can become boring and that’s mainly down to the extremely slow driving.
- Visually the game is very dull and nothing really stands out.
All in all I must admit that when Spintires: Mudrunner was first announced it intrigued me a great deal, and that was mainly down to the unique feel the game had. When I first started the game it was like nothing I’d ever played before and I must admit that I quite enjoyed it. The physics which are important in a game like this have been done very well, and I appreciated the realistic approach they implemented in the game. The puzzles in the game are something that really impressed me, and the main reason they impressed me so much is because they are interesting and you have to complete them in an interesting and unique way. If you like a game that is packed with content then you will love this game, but I must warn you that it’s best played in short bursts because it does become tedious if played for long periods and that’s mainly down to the extremely slow driving. I will say however that the game doesn’t get tedious much when played online, and thankfully the online has quite a few player’s playing and I didn’t suffer with many problems. The main problems I had with the game came from the terrible camera. The camera in the game is probably the worst I’ve ever seen and it caused me a great deal of frustration because to call it awkward would be a massive understatement. The presentation side of the game is something that I was a little disappointed with. Visually the game is dull and doesn’t look great at times, and the accompanying sound design does nothing to make the game stand out and often doesn’t sound realistic enough. At the end of the day Spintires: Mudrunner is a game that can definitely be called niche, and without a doubt it won’t appeal to all gamers. I will say however that if you would like to try something different then I fully recommend that you give this game a try because it definitely has a unique feel to it and the most important thing is that it nails the mechanics, and for that reason it gets a thumbs up from me.
I rate Spintires: Mudrunner 7/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Saber Interactive/Maximum Games
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
Genre: Vehicle Simulation
Release Date (Xbox One): October 31, 2017