- The shooting mechanics and gunplay in the game have been done really well and the best thing is that the guns pack a punch which is really satisfying.
- The map in the game is absolutely huge and it’s packed with things for you to do, which in turn will keep you interested for quite a while.
- There is a decent amount of variety when it comes to the weapons you can use and I must admit that it was very fun trying each different weapon out.
- I really enjoyed the game’s style especially when it came to finding loot and there is a great variety of loot to help you on your way, which is great.
- No game ever plays the same and this means that the replayability in the game is pretty much never-ending.
- There are a huge amount of technichal problems at the moment and they will undoubtedly cause you some problems.
- The presentation side of the game definitely lacks polish, and that’s especially the case when it comes to the ugly visuals.
- I struggled to get into a game multiple times and it does crash quite often.
All in all to say that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has been successful this year would be a massive understatement because it really is the breakout game of the year, and the most amazing part about that is that it hasn’t even been fully released yet. When it was first announced that the game was coming to Xbox One through the preview program I was excited beyond belief, and even though it has a lot of problems the game is still a blast to play. The shooting mechanics in the game are awesome and they really do a pack a punch, so trying out the huge variety of weapons was not only fun but also very satisfying. The map in which you can use these many weapons is absolutely gigantic and the best thing is that the map has interesting items wherever you go. Finding loot is a massive part of the game and there is an abundance of loot to be found. Each piece of loot is different and it can be the difference between life and death which gives the game another interesting mechanic for you to play with. Unfortunately your enjoyment can be brief at times and that’s mainly down to the huge amount of technichal issues it suffers with. You have to remember though that this game is in the preview program so there will be plenty of improvements made along the way, so expect to get frustrated when trying to find matches or when the game suddenly crashes. The presentation side of the game needs a lot of work, especially when it comes to the visuals. The visuals definitely lack polish and the game can look really ugly at times, but thankfully the sound design isn’t too bad. At the end of the day I’m absolutely ecstatic that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has made it’s way to the Xbox One and I’m looking forward to watching it grow over the coming months because I feel that they’ve got a concept here that will create fun and enjoyment for many months to come maybe even years. I will say though don’t buy this game if you want to play the finished article because it’s far from perfect and that’s to be expected, but it still gets a recommendation from me even with its problems and I fully expect it to get a much higher score from me when the game is fully released.
I rate PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 7.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Bluehole, Inc./PUBG Corporation
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Release Date (Xbox One): (Early Access) December 12, 2017