- The story that’s in the game is absolutely stunning and it will stay with you long after completion because it’s so unique and interesting throughout.
- I absolutely loved the presentation side of the game. Visually the game looks fantastic and the sound design brings with it a very immersive experience.
- There are a number of puzzles for you to get to grips with and the best thing is that each puzzle matters and has a lot of clever design implemented into them.
- Whilst the combat may be a little on the basic side I actually enjoyed it quite a lot because the simplicity of it means you can focus even more on the fantastic story.
- There are a number of enemies for you to fight and each enemy has a lot of variety, and I was especially impressed with the boss battles.
- The game suffers with a few technical issues every now and then, but thankfully these don’t occur very often.
- I would have liked to have been able to explore a little more instead of following a linear path.
All in all I was very pleasantly surprised when it was announced that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice was coming to Xbox One a few weeks ago. It’s a game I’ve heard lots of good things about from some of my friends who’ve played it on the PS4 so I was really looking forward to getting to grips with it. Thankfully my friends got it spot on because to say I enjoyed my time with the game would be a massive understatement. Something that really makes this game stand out is its story. The story is absolutely fantastic and manages to stir a whole host of different emotions along the way and this culminates in making the story stay with you long after completion. The gameplay that accompanies the fantastic story was also enjoyable, and I must admit that I was especially impressed with the puzzles that were implemented. They’ve done a fantastic job of making the puzzles in the game matter and the clever design of them makes completing them a very enjoyable affair. Something else I enjoyed about the gameplay were the battles that took place. The combat may be a little on the basic side but that didn’t stop them from being very immersive and most important of all it didn’t stop the battles from adding to the already amazing story. You will notice however that the game suffers with a few technical issues every now and then when in battle, but thankfully these issues don’t happen very often and don’t affect the gameplay very much. This is a good thing because it allows you to enjoy the enemies in the game without too many problems. Speaking about enemies the game offers you a decent amount of enemies for you to tackle and the best thing is that each enemy has a decent amount of variety implemented into them. I found this to especially be the case when it came to the bosses in the game and to say they were exciting throughout would be quite the understatement. Without a doubt one of my favourite aspects about the game was the presentation side of things. Visually the game looks absolutely stunning and when you combine that with the absolutely brilliant and immersive sound design and voice acting you end up having a very memorable experience. At the end of the day I’m very pleased that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice made its way to Xbox One and trust me when I say that it was worth the wait. The game tackles a number of real-life issues in a fantastic and delicate way and by doing this they deliver to you a very unforgettable experience. Another thing that impressed me with the game is that it doesn’t suffer with many problems at all and every aspect of the game has had a lot of thought and effort placed into it and because of that the game gets a massive recommendation from me.
I rate Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Ninja Theory Ltd
Publisher: Ninja Theory Ltd
Genre: Action Adventure
Release Date (Xbox One): April 11, 2018