- I must admit that the physics in the game surprised me a great deal because I didn’t expect them to be as realistic and smooth as they were.
- They have got the balance of difficulty perfect for gamers of all ages, which in turn means everybody can enjoy and play this game.
- In terms of content there is quite a bit for you to sink your teeth into and you won’t find yourself getting bored anytime soon, which is great.
- The online components in the game work extremely well and thankfully I didn’t suffer with any problems when playing the game this way.
- I’m a massive fan of the presentation side of the game and I think the visuals and sound design definitely give the game a lot of charm.
- The controls can be a little on the awkward side at times and they will take some time to get used to.
- I found the AI to be a little problematic at times and until I found the right settings the realism was a little off with how the AI performed.
All in all there aren’t too many baseball games about so I’m always pleased to see a new baseball game enter the field because I’m a big of the genre. The game in question is called Super Mega Baseball 2 and I was really looking forward to it because I really enjoyed the first instalment of the series back in 2015 and it’s a game I still enjoy to this day. Thankfully Super Mega Baseball 2 includes what was good about the first game and in some ways it improves over the original game, which is great. The physics were good in the original game, but to my surprise they were even better here. Everything about the batting and fielding oozes realism and when everything is in full flow you end up having a very immersive and enjoyable experience. Another thing they get spot on is that they make the game accessible to all gamers and you can tweak the challenge to how you want to play. So if your playing with your children then they can gain an upper hand and make things more fair, so everybody can enjoy the gameplay. Despite them making things very accessible you will still however need to get used to the controls that have been implemented. Don’t get me wrong the controls aren’t bad by any means it’s just that they feel a little awkward at times and this awkwardness will affect how you play from time to time. Another problem the game also has is in regards to the AI. The AI can act peculiar at times and they don’t do things you expect them to do so the realism can suffer a bit because of this. Thankfully though this isn’t a major problem and you easily forget about this because the game is best enjoyed with real people. If you like playing online then you will be very pleased with the online offering that’s been included. Everything plays out really well and I didn’t suffer with any problems when playing the game online, which is great. The online components give the game even more replaybility and in terms of content the game has more than enough to keep you satisfied, so you won’t be getting bored anytime soon. One of my favourite things about the first game was the presentation side of things, and thankfully it’s even better here. Visually the game has a nice arcadey look to it and when you combine that with the nice sound design it ends up delivering more fun and enjoyment to you. At the end of the day if you’re a fan of baseball game’s then you will thoroughly enjoy what Super Mega Baseball 2 brings to the table. It manages to create a very realistic experience and it doesn’t suffer with many problems, so all you end up having with this game is an incredible amount of fun and I thoroughly recommend that you give it a try.
I rate Super Mega Baseball 2 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Metalhead Software
Publisher: Metalhead Software
Release Date (Xbox One): May 1, 2018
Price: (Free with Games With Gold) £23.99/$29.99