- There’s significant improvements in both the visuals and sound design over the original and this does make the game even more of an immersive experience.
- I was very impressed with the new multiplayer offerings in the game because not only was it fun it also had hardly any problems as well.
- Combat is once again a fantastic and challenging experience and even though I got frustrated from time to time I still couldn’t put the game down.
- In terms of content there’s lots for you to get to grips with and the included DLC gives the game even more replayability, which is great.
- Without a doubt this is the best version of the game and I must admit I was impressed with how they have dealt with some of the problems that dogged the first game.
- From time to time you will come across a few bugs and whilst none of these issues are game-breaking they can still be quite annoying.
- Despite the improvements the game has had there isn’t anything really new for you to embark on.
All in all the Dark Souls series has a huge following and it’s easy to see why. This is a series that provides you with challenging and adrenaline-fuelled action from start to finish and the great sense of achievement you get when defeating an enemy is second to none. As you can imagine back in 2011 when the first Dark Souls game came out it was a game that hooked many and I was one of them many, so when I learnt that the first Dark Souls was being remastered I was excited to say the least. Thankfully they’ve done the first Dark Souls justice with this remaster and it was a pleasure to embark on the fantastic journey all over again. Without a doubt this is the best version of the game and you can see improvements throughout your time with the game, so if you’ve never played a Dark Souls game before then you’re in for a treat. Combat is obviously a major aspect in this series and thankfully it feels better than ever. In my opinion everything feels more fluid when in combat this time around and even though you will experience some frustrating moments from time to time putting the game down is very difficult thanks to its addictive gameplay. If you like lots of varied content then you will absolutely love what this game has to offer and with the added DLC that means you won’t be getting bored anytime soon. You will however notice that the content does have a few bugs and technichal issues contained in it, but thankfully whilst these issues can be annoying none of them are game-breaking so they’re not too problematic. There is however no issues when it comes to the new and improved multiplayer offerings. The multiplayer aspect in the game has seen quite an overhaul and to say I had fun when playing the game in this way would be a massive understatement. Unfortunately though the improved multiplayer is the only new thing really and even though I was more than satisfied playing the same and improved game again it still would’ve been nice to have seen a couple of new features included. I’ve always been a big fan of the Dark Souls presentation style and it was nice to see some improvements included here. Visually the game definitely looks better and in a way the improved visuals make you become even more attached to the gameplay. The same can also be said about the improved sound design because it makes the game even more of an immersive experience. At the end of the day as far as remasters go Dark Souls Remastered is a very good addition to the remastered formula and I really enjoyed experiencing this masterpiece again. They’ve managed to improve the game in a number of areas and even if you’ve played the game before I fully recommend that both newcomers and veterans of the series should purchase Dark Souls Remastered immediately because in my opinion you won’t regret it.
I rate Dark Souls Remastered 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: From,Software Inc.
Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date (Xbox One): May 25, 2018