- In terms of content there is a huge amount for you to get to grips with and without a doubt this game will keep you satisfied for quite a while.
- There are a huge amount of characters for you to play as in the game and the attention to detail included with each character really is fantastic.
- Whilst I pretty much enjoyed all the modes that were present my favourite mode was the Grand Prix mode and to say I had fun here would be a massive understatement.
- The gameplay remains fluid and responsive throughout your time with the game and playing with friends never ends up becoming dull.
- I really enjoyed the presentation side of the game and I think the visuals and excellent sound design combine together extremely well.
- Unfortunately the online side of the game has a few issues at the moment, which is a shame because when you finally find a game you end up having a great time.
- Without a doubt the best way to play this game is with friends because playing on your own can become a little on the tedious side at times.
All in all it’s hard to imagine that the Bomberman series has been going for 35 years now because unfortunately it makes me feel really old. That being said to say I’ve had fun with these fantastic little game’s over the year’s would be a massive understatement, and without a doubt I was really looking forward to this Nintendo Switch exclusive making its way to the Xbox One. Thankfully Super Bomberman R was definitely worth the wait and I was very impressed that they made the game both retro and modern at the same time. The gameplay has aged extremely well and the new feel to it is very fun and the best thing is that it remains fun throughout your time with the game. You will be pleased to know then that in terms of content the game has a huge amount for you to sink your teeth into. The most impressive part about the content is that each mode is extremely fun, but for me the best mode out there to play with friends is the Grand Prix mode. You can also enjoy each mode when playing on your own as well, but I would recommend that you play this game with friends because that’s where you get the best out of the game and things don’t become tedious playing it this way unlike when you play it in single player. There is also the option of playing the game online as well, but the online components of the game definitely need a little work. There are a few issues present at the moment when playing the game online and sometimes finding a game online can be a massive chore because it can take quite a while which is a shame because when you do get into a game the amount of fun present is almost endless. Replaybility is not a problem with this game because there are so many characters for you to choose and try out. I must admit that I was shocked by the amount of characters available to you and the best thing is that each character has had a lot of thought and effort placed into them which keeps things fresh and interesting for a very long time. As I said earlier in my review this game has both a retro and modern feel to it and this is really profound in both the visuals and sound design. These two aspects of the game combine together perfectly and in the end you end up having more fun because of this, which is great. At the end of the day fans of the Bomberman series will fall in love with Super Bomberman R instantly because it’s managed to stay true to the fantastic series and in the end the amount of fun it creates is simply off the charts, which results in me giving the game a massive recommendation.
I rate Super Bomberman R 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Konami Digital Entertainment
Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
Release Date (Xbox One): June 12, 2018