- I’ve enjoyed Eventide’s story in the previous instalments and once again the story shines bright here remaining exciting throughout your playthrough.
- The presentation side of the game is once again really nice to look at and the visuals and sound design fit in with the game’s story extremely well.
- Eventide 3 is probably one of the most challenging game’s I’ve played from Artifex Mundi and you get more sense of achievement because of this.
- I really enjoyed tackling the various puzzles that the game offers you and the best thing is that they the in with the story along the way.
- Technically the game suffers with no problems and everything about the game remains smooth and responsive throughout your time with the game.
- There isn’t really anything different this time around so everything you see is basically what you’ve seen quite a few times before.
- Whilst the sound design has been done really well I was a little disappointed with some of the voice acting.
- The game boasts quite a bit of content but it can become a little tedious after a while.
All in all once again we have a new game from Artifex Mundi making its way to the Xbox One and it comes in the shape of Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends. The Eventide series has been a very good series so far and to say I’ve enjoyed my time with this series would be quite the understatement because they’ve got most of the important aspects spot on in the previous instalments and thankfully that remains the case with Eventide 3. One of the most important aspects of these particular game’s is their story and thankfully once again they’ve come up trumps here. The story remains exciting and interesting throughout your time with the game and this does make you want to carry on to see what happens along the way. This is very important because even though the game has quite a bit of content it can become a little tedious so the story plays a very important role in not making the game become too tedious. If you like puzzles then Eventide 3 has a decent variety of puzzles for you to sink your teeth into and the best thing is that these puzzles actually feel like they matter because they fit in with the story so well. You will also notice that some of the puzzles you come across actually require quite a bit of thought and on the whole this makes Eventide 3 pack a bit of challenge, which is actually quite nice because in my opinion some of Artifex Mundi’s previous game’s are a little too easy. If you’ve played many of the game’s Artifex Mundi has to offer then you will know what to expect from this game because there isn’t really anything new present in Eventide 3. This in a way is a good thing because it is successful and everything works as you would expect it to work, but sometimes it would be nice to mix up the usual formula a little bit because it would make Artifex Mundi’s game’s even more fresh and interesting and it may even bring new fans to the table. That being said once again technichally the game does everything really well and there aren’t any problems, which is always a good thing. The presentation side of game has also been done really well again as well. I especially enjoyed the visual aspect of the game because it really does look great at times. The sound design has also been done really well, but I do think some of the voice acting did let the game down a little bit which is a shame. At the end of the day you can’t really go wrong with the game’s that Artifex Mundi bring out because there hasn’t been a bad one yet and if you’re a fan of these types of game’s then once again you will pleased with Eventide 3 and that means once again it gets a recommendation from me.
I rate Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin).
Developer: The House Of Fables/Artifex Mundi
Publisher: Artifex Mundi
Release Date (Xbox One): June 29, 2018