- The story in the game is absolutely incredible and it had me hooked from start to finish never becoming boring at any time during my playthrough.
- I absolutely loved the presentation side of the game and you can tell without a doubt that a lot of thought and effort has gone into both the visuals and sound design.
- There is so much variety in the game and that’s especially the case when it comes to the combat, which feels awesome and refined at all times.
- In terms of content the game will keep you satisfied for a very long time because there’s lots for you to get to grips with.
- Each different mechanic the game has works together flawlessly and when they all combine together the uniqueness the game has is off the charts.
- The bosses in the game are some of the best I’ve ever come across and to say I enjoyed battling them would be a massive understatement.
- Some of the fetch quests in the game can be a little tedious every now and then.
All in all I won’t mind admitting that I was very jealous when NieR Automata released on the PS4 because it is a game that is right up my alley, and I was very tempted to buy a PS4 just for that game. There was a part of me though that hoped it would eventually release on the Xbox One and as you can imagine when I first learnt that it was making its way to the Xbox One I was very excited to say the least, and I’m pleased to say that it was well worth the wait. Everything about this game oozes class and charm and to say I enjoyed my time with the game would be a massive understatement. I heard many good things about the game’s story and now I can see why because it’s breathtakingly brilliant from start to finish and the gameplay that accompanies the fantastic story is also flawless. The reason the gameplay is so flawless is because every little different mechanic and aspect adds a unique side to the game. You’ll be pleased to know then that the combat plays a big part in making the gameplay so addictive. Everything runs so smooth when you’re in combat and that means defeating the enemies you face always remains satisfying throughout your time with the game. This is a very good thing because in terms of content the game has a quite a lot for you to be getting on with. The content also doesn’t get boring either because there is variety dotted throughout the game’s fantastic world. In fact the content is that good that my only gripe with the game is that the fetch quests can be a little tedious from time to time, but this is only a small gripe and you can easily look past this. If you’re a fan of big and magnificent boss battles then you will no doubt be pleased with what NieR Automata has to offer. Each boss in the game actually felt like they mattered and the clever design of them meant that fighting them was not only rewarding but it was also very exciting as well. I have to also give a special mention to the presentation side of the game as well because it does enhance the gameplay quite a lot. I know everybody isn’t a fan of NieR’s style when it comes to the visual department, but for me I think it’s perfect and when both the visuals and sound design combine together you end up having even more of an immersive experience. At the end of the day even though NieR Automata came out last year on the PS4 I still think it deserves a special mention in regards to game of the year this year because quite frankly it’s fantastic. It’s not very often when a game gets everything right but it does here and in the end I can’t recommend this game to you enough.
I rate NieR Automata – Become as Gods Edition 9.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Publisher: Square Enix LTD
Genre: Action Adventure/Action RPG
Release Date (Xbox One): June 26, 2018