- I was very impressed with the controls in the game because they felt tight and responsive at all times and this definitely made me enjoy the game’s more.
- There is a huge amount of content for you to get to grips with and if you’re a fan of Mega Man this will without a doubt keep you satisfied for ages.
- The presentation side of the game ticked a lot of boxes for me because it’s nostalgic but it also has a modern touch in both the visuals and sound design as well.
- This collection is perfect for both veterans and newcomers to the series because there’s a game in this collection that everybody will enjoy.
- I thought the gallery mode was a really nice touch and the little added features here and there show a lot of thought and effort has gone into the collection.
- Every now and then the game suffers with a few technichal issues, but thankfully none of them are anything major.
- There are a few noticeable items that haven’t made their way to the collection, which is a shame.
All in all in my opinion the Mega Man series doesn’t get the credit it deserves and it’s often forgotten when it comes to the gaming worlds other memorable characters. For me Mega Man should be right up there with the Mario’s and Sonic’s of the gaming world because as far as the series goes it’s just as important as the Sonic and Mario game’s. The Mega Man game’s have brought me a lot of joy over the year’s so as you can imagine I was chomping at the bit to try out Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2. Thankfully as far as retro gaming collections go this is an absolute masterpiece and without a doubt I can see myself revisiting this collection time and time again. There were lots of things that really impressed with this collection of game’s but the one aspect that really stands out were the controls that have been implemented. Each game plays and handles like a dream and that’s mainly because the controls in each game perform like a dream, remaining tight and responsive throughout your time with each game. These fantastic controls then make this game perfect for both veterans and newcomers and trust me there’s a game everybody will like in this collection. In terms of content there is a great deal for you to get to grips with and this collection of game’s will keep you satisfied for ages and without a doubt it will keep you coming back for more time and time again. In terms of problems the game doesn’t have many. In fact the only real problem I came across was a few technichal issues here and there, but these issues weren’t really much of a problem and I was quite easily able to look past these issues because they didn’t occur very often. Whilst there might be a few noticeable items missing from the collection I would’ve liked seen included there still is a few nice additions available to you. My favourite addition was without a doubt the gallery. The gallery allows you to look at the history of the game’s and there is lots of beautiful art included as well which definitely showed me that a lot of thought and effort has gone into the collection. Another area where you can tell that a lot of thought and effort has gone in is the presentation side of things. Both the visuals and sound design have a true nostalgic feel to them but at the same time they also have a modern feel to them as well which definitely makes the different game’s come alive quite considerably. At the end of the day Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2 is absolutely brilliant and if you even only have a slight interest in Mega Man then I thoroughly recommend that you get this collection. In fact even if you’ve never played Mega Man before I still would recommend this collection to you because it really is that good.
I rate Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Release Date (Xbox One): July 24, 2018