What I liked:
- The presentation side of the game is absolutely fantastic because both the visuals and sound design create a very realistic F1 experience.
- There is lots of content for you to get to grips with and fans of the series will no doubt be satisfied for a long time to come.
- I really enjoyed the improvements that have been made in this year’s game because both the racing and handling feel more tight and stable this time around.
- The career mode is without a doubt the best the series has delivered so far and I was very impressed with the level of detail that’s been included in this mode.
- This game is accessible to all gamers because the assist and difficulty options means gamers of all skill levels can enjoy the game.
- I enjoyed the online components of the game more this year because they’ve catered to my needs much more this time around.
What I didn’t like:
- Whilst the media interactions are a nice little touch there just isn’t enough variety in them so they do end up becoming quite repetetive and tedious after a short while.
Does F1 2018 do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all last year’s F1 game was without a doubt my favourite game of the series so far and I was hoping that F1 2018 would build on the momentum that was built from F1 2017, and thankfully I’m pleased to say that this year’s game has built on the momentum and then some. In fact F1 2018 is now probably my most favourite game of the series so far and that’s mainly because its made improvements again. The career mode is absolutely fantastic and it has a depth to it that we’ve never experienced before. You’ll be pleased to know then that the racing that accompanies the career mode and every other mode feels better than ever and this does make the racing feel even more rewarding. As far as problems go the game doesn’t really have any and when it’s all said and done if you’re looking for an F1 game that gets as close to the real thing as can be then I thoroughly recommend that you make a purchase of F1 2018.
I rate F1 2018 9.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Release Date (Xbox One): August 24, 2018