What I liked:
- When played with friends this game is a huge amount of fun and I can see it being a game that I go back to time and time again.
- The presentation side of the game manages to infuse a modern look with a retro feel and it does in a way give the game a unique side to it.
- There is plenty of customisation available to you and being able to chop and change everything you want does give the game some replaybility.
- There is a decent variety of weapons and different items you can try out and this does make every game you have feel completely different.
- The gameplay is accessible for a number of different gamers and the simple to grasp controls means that everybody can play.
What I didn’t like:
- When played on your own the game does get boring quite quickly so I recommend that you play this game with friends or family only.
- Whilst some of the levels are pretty decent a lot of them felt a bit samey so a bit more in terms of variety would’ve been nice.
Does Splash Blast Panic do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all there’s nothing better than playing an all out adrenaline-fuelled game with friends and family, and that’s exactly the experience that Splash Blast Panic delivers to you. This game has a Super Smash Bros feel to it and to say I enjoyed my time with the game would be a massive understatement because it just gets so much right. The gameplay shines bright at all times and the amount of variety and customisation that’s present in the gameplay makes returning back to the game time and time again very easy indeed. I will say though that the game is best enjoyed with somebody else because when played on your own you do start to get bored quite quickly because it’s more reptetive when played this way. That being said I did appreciate that they included a single player offering because that means that I can recommend it to more gamers and when it’s all said and done Splash Blast Panic gets a very big thumbs up from me because there’s fun a plenty to be had here.
I rate Splash Blast Panic 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Team KwaKwa
Release Date (Xbox One): August 28, 2018