What I liked:
- There is a huge amount of content for you to get to grips with and the best thing is that the content has tons of variety which means there is tons of replayability as well.
- The presentation side of the game gets a lot of things right and both the visuals and sound design make the gameplay a very immersive experience.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay because there are quite a few different elements in play at the same time and these elements combine together flawlessly.
- There are lots of weapons and lots of enemies you can use these weapons on and I’m pleased to say that defeating these enemies never got boring.
- The puzzles that are present in the game are pretty creative and they do a good job of breaking up the usual gameplay.
What I didn’t like:
- Sometimes the shooting mechanics in the game didn’t feel as smooth and responsive as they should have been.
- It can be a little repetetive when played on your own so I do recommend that you play the game with others.
Does Strange Brigade do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all I’ve been following Strange Brigade’s development quite closely over the last few month’s because from the moment I first saw it I was intrigued by its uniqueness and it looked like a game that was right up my alley. Thankfully after sinking a number of hours into the game it’s quite clear that Strange Brigade has had a lot of love and effort placed into it and when the game gets into full flow you end up having a fantastic experience. There just seems to be always something that’s going on in this game and every little intricate part plays a vital role in the overall setup, which in the end means you very rarely get bored with this game especially when played with other people. It can be a little repetetive when played on your own and you do notice a few issues with the shooting mechanics when played this way, but this really is the only problems the game has and when it’s all said and done Strange Brigade gets a massive thumbs up from me because it really is very good.
I rate Strange Brigade 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Release Date (Xbox One): August 28, 2018