What I liked:
- Each puzzle in the game plays an integral part when it comes to the story and I was very impressed with how elaborate and unique each puzzle was.
- The story is very good and it did a very good job of keeping me interested throughout my time with the game.
- I really enjoyed the presentation side of the game because both the visuals and sound design do a great job of bringing certain elements to life.
- There are some interesting and unique mechanics the game introduces to you and this does in the end keep the game fresh at all times.
- The world in which the game takes place is stunning and each different area has detail that makes exploring the world very rewarding.
What I didn’t like:
- From time to time the game suffers with a few technichal issues and these issues can bring the immersion levels down a little bit.
- At the start the game is a little on the slow side and it does take a bit to get into, but I recommend profusely that you carry on.
Does The Talon Principle do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all The Talon Principle is a game that I’ve wanted for a very long time and thankfully its finally made its way to the Xbox One. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this game and it’s clear to see why because as far as puzzle game’s go it’s without a doubt one of the best game’s I’ve ever played in this genre. The puzzles which are obviously the main aspect in this game are absolutely perfect and taking part in them always felt rewarding because of this. There’s also a perfect story that accompanies these excellent puzzles and to say that the story kept me interested throughout my time with the game would be a massive understatement. As far as problems go The Talos Principle doesn’t suffer with too many at all and my only real gripe was a few technichal issues the game suffers with. That being said these issues weren’t too profound and I was easily able to look past them because the game just has so much beauty in all areas and if you have any interest in puzzle game’s at all then this game is an absolute must buy.
I rate The Talos Principle 9/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Release Date (Xbox One): August 31, 2018