What I liked:
- The fishing mechanics have quite a bit of realism included in them which means catching certain fish is a very rewarding experience.
- There is a decent amount of variety present when it comes to the locations you can visit and this does make the game have some replaybility.
- I really liked that you’re able to buy all of the fishing gear straight away instead of unlocking it because it keeps grinding down to a minimum.
- Each lake has character and fishing on them is a very relaxing and sometimes exciting experience.
What I didn’t like:
- The game has a few bugs at the moment and whilst none of them are really major they can impact on your overall experience at times.
- I found the controls to be a little awkward most of the time and they didn’t always feel as tight and responsive as they should’ve been.
- Whilst there isn’t anything really wrong with the presentation side of the game there isn’t really anything that stands out either.
Does Fishing Sim World do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all fishing game’s are niche in my opinion and I don’t know many people that really enjoy these types of game’s. Thankfully though I do enjoy them because I find them relaxing and peaceful and it takes me back to being a kid because I used to fish with my dad a lot when I was younger. As you can imagine then I did have some interest in Fishing Sim World and after playing it for a while I realised that it’s not a bad game at all, but it still does have a few shortcomings. Without a doubt my favourite thing about this game was its fishing mechanics and the reason why it was my favourite thing is because the mechanics had a nice realistic feel to them. I also liked the idea of being able to fish at a number of different locations and thankfully these locations have been done well even if the presentation side of the game is a little lacking at times. This however isn’t a big issue and when they sort out the awkward controls then I can see this being a game that I return to time and time again and for that reason the game does enough to get a small recommendation from me.
I rate Fishing Sim World 6.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Dovetail Games
Publisher: Dovetail Games
Release Date (Xbox One): September 18, 2018