What I liked:
- I loved everything about the presentation side of the game and for me both the visuals and sound design make the gameplay more fun and enjoyable.
- Whilst the combat mechanics take a bit to get used to when you do eventually get used to them they do provide you with a very fun and satisfying experience.
- There is decent amount of variety present when it comes to the game’s characters and playing as each one felt different with plenty of moves for you to try out.
- The game has a very addictive side to it because it encourages you to get better and better time and time again.
What I didn’t like:
- Countering some attacks can be a little bit difficult at times and this does occasionally make you become frustrated.
- The learning curve can be a bit difficult especially at the start so it does take a bit for everything to come together.
- There is an element of grinding present in the game and you will need to do this to get the best items.
Does Speed Brawl do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Speed Brawl basically explains everything this game is in its title and when in full flow this game is a great deal of fun especially when you get the hang of it. In fact the game is that fun that if it didn’t suffer with the shortcomings it has then it would be getting an even higher score from me. Thankfully though the shortcomings aren’t too severe and in the end the learning curve and grinding only serve as slight annoyances instead of massive problems. This then means that forgetting about these issues is quite easy and that’s mainly because the game offers you combat mechanics that are very addictive and when you combine these mechanics with the wonderful art style and sound design it does make you want to return back to the game time and time again. It stays fresh as well thanks to the variety that’s present in the character’s that you can play and when you combine all of the good things the game possesses it means that Speed Brawl gets a decent recommendation from me.
I rate Speed Brawl 7.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Double Stallion Games
Release Date (Xbox One): September 18, 2018