What I liked:
- In terms of content the game has a huge amount for you to get to grips with and without a doubt the many secrets the content has will keep you coming back for more.
- The presentation side of the game is absolutely fantastic in all areas and both the visuals and sound design bring the game to life in every way possible.
- I really enjoyed the boss fights in the game because they actually felt like they mattered and they were thrilling from start to finish.
- Technically the game holds up really well throughout and I was very pleased to find that the controls remained tight and responsive at all times.
- Exploration is rewarded handsomly because there’s so much to find and finding something always gave me a great sense of achievement.
- Every mechanic in the game feels extremely polished and it makes the game an absolute joy to play.
What I didn’t like:
- It can be a little too difficult at times which can cause you to be a bit frustrated every now and then.
Does Hollow Knight do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Hollow Knight is an absolute gem of a game and without a doubt one of my favourite game’s of all time because everything about it oozes class and charm and it takes you on an unforgettable journey that you won’t forget for a very long time. Everything about the game just seems to click from the fantastic boss fights to the excellent platforming elements and you’ll definitely be more than satisfied with what the game throws at you. You’ll be pleased to know then that the game throws a lot at you because in terms of content the game has a huge amount for you to sink your teeth into. This content also has a huge amount of variety present in it as well and exploring the various amount of content delivers a lot of secrets to you as well which means the game has a lot of replaybility and you’ll find it very difficult to put down. At the end of the day I can’t recommend Hollow Knight enough because it just gets so much right and it really doesn’t have any problems so I urge everybody to add this game to their game library.
I rate Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition 9.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Team Cherry
Publisher: Skybound Games/Team Cherry
Genre: Action Adventure/Platformer
Release Date (Xbox One): September 25, 2018