What I liked:
- I have never ever seen a better looking racing game and both the visuals and sound design have been done to perfection because each aspect is packed with realism.
- There’s a huge amount of cars for you to get to grips with and each car has had a lot of thought and effort placed into them which means every car is thrilling to race.
- Everything about the gameplay feels rewarding and the progression system means you’ll return back to the game time and time again.
- The content the game possesses will no doubt keep you satisfied for a huge number of hours and the variety the content has is absolutely spectacular.
- Technically the game is straight perfection and the controls and handling stay tight and responsive throughout your time with the game.
- The world in which the game takes place is mesmerizing and the added effects of the different seasons means your racing style can change at the drop of a hat.
- I was very impressed with the online components in the game and racing against real people gives the game even more replayability.
Does Forza Horizon 4 do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Forza Horizon 3 was for me the best racing game of all time and I didn’t think it could be surpassed in any way. I will however hold my hands up and admit I was wrong though because Forza Horizon 4 blows Forza Horizon 3 out of the water which is very impressive to say the least. Everything about this game is pure perfection and there have been many times where the game just had me in awe. The visuals and sound design are breathtakingly brilliant and the attention to detail in the world in which the game takes place in makes racing an immersive and fantastic experience. Speaking about racing there’s an abundance of cars you can get behind the wheel in and each of them handle like a dream and that’s because the technical side of the game is so realistic. In fact the content on the whole is very realistic and that’s very impressive considering that the game has a huge amount of content for you to get to grips with and you’ll no doubt return back to the game time and time again. In terms of problems and shortcomings the game has none in my opinion and when it’s all said and done Forza Horizon 4 is without a doubt my game of the year so far and I think it’s going to be extremely difficult to beat.
I rate Forza Horizon 4 10/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Playground Games
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Release Date (Xbox One): October 2, 2018