What I liked:
- I found both the visuals and sound to be extremely charming and they both create an atmosphere that not only enhances the gameplay but makes it more interesting as well.
- The story throughout the different chapters keeps you hooked from start to finish and there’s plenty of twists and turns along the way.
- There’s a decent array of different puzzles for you to tackle during your adventure and I did enjoy the creativity in some of them.
- Whilst there are a few issues with the game the controls thankfully weren’t an issue and remained tight and responsive at all times.
- In terms of content the game has a decent amount for you to sink your teeth into and you’ll no doubt be satisfied for quite a while.
What I didn’t like:
- Unfortunately the game suffers with a few technichal issues which do frustrate you every now and then.
- Loading times vary wildly and sometimes the game didn’t load at all which did frustrate me quite a lot. Hopefully a patch will sort this out.
Does Bendy and the Ink Machine do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Bendy and the Ink Machine has been out on the PC for a while now and it’s a game that I’ve heard nothing but good things about. Thankfully after playing it I can now see why the game has a ton of good reports and to say I enjoyed my time with the game would be quite the understatement. From the moment you start the game there’s a fun and creepy atmosphere present and thanks to the brilliant visuals and sound design this atmosphere is available throughout. Accompanying this very good atmosphere is a fantastic story that grips you from start to finish throwing in some twists and turns along the way as well. The gameplay also throws up some twists and turns along the way as well and I must admit that I really enjoyed the creative puzzles that were littered throughout. Unfortunately though there was something else that was littered throughout and that was technical issues. Whilst some of these issues are only small there is in my opinion too many of them and a patch is definitely needed to sort out the main problems like the long loading times. Despite this though Bendy and the Ink Machine gets everything else pretty much spot on and even though the technical issues can be a nuisance at times they still don’t make the fun levels dwindle much and they don’t stop me from giving the game a big recommendation either.
I rate Bendy and the Ink Machine 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Joey Drew Studios Inc.
Publisher: Rooster Teeth Games
Genre: Action Adventure/Puzzle
Release Date (Xbox One): November 20, 2018