What I liked:
- The content on the whole has tons of variety and there’s a decent amount of it which means you’ll be coming back to this game for quite a while.
- You can tell right from the get go that a lot of thought and effort has been placed into the presentation side of the game and it stays like that throughout.
- I was very impressed with the online side of the game because it had very few problems and I was easily able to get into a game.
- The gameplay on the whole is a very fun experience and no game ever plays out the same way meaning there’s action a plenty to be had at all times.
- There’s lots of collectibles for you to obtain during your time with the game which does give the game even more in terms of replaybilty.
What I didn’t like:
- Unfortunately the game suffers with a few technichal issues and bugs every now and then.
- The story mode left a lot to be desired and nothing much really stood out here.
Does Override: Mech City Brawl do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Ovveride: Mech City Brawl caught my eye from the moment I first saw it and I thought to myself if done well I can see myself battling with these huge mech’s for some time to come. Thankfully I’m pleased to say that the game has been done really well and even though it does suffer with a few technichal issues and bugs here and there this did little to dampen the fun factor. In fact you tend to forget about these issues due to the action-packed nature of the game, which might I add never seems to get dull or boring. As you can imagine then I was pleased to find that the game has a generous amount of content, and whilst the story mode was a bit of a let down everything else was great. I was especially impressed with the online components of the game because there were very few issues here and finding a game was never a problem which is great. This then meant that the replaybilty stayed high throughout my time with the game and the collectibles present means that I will return back to the game time and time again as well. At the end of the day then if you love action-packed combat that always remains exciting then Ovveride: Mech City Brawl is a must buy and hopefully the developers keep improving things along the way because I can see a lot of promise with this title.
I rate Override: Mech City Brawl 8/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: The Balance Inc
Release Date (Xbox One): December 4, 2018