What I liked:
- The presentation side of the game has a lot of charm running through it and for me both the visuals and sound design enhanced my overall experience.
- There’s lots of different customisation elements you can produce in your farm and this does make your farm personal to how you want it.
- I really enjoyed the easy to pick up and play style when farming because that meant that my young children could enjoy this game as well.
- In terms of content the game has quite a bit for you to be getting on with and the replayabilty is high meaning you’ll return back to the game time and time again.
- The different quests and missions in the game are fun to complete and by doing them it shows you that you can do a lot of different things on your farm or somebody else’s.
What I didn’t like:
- There is a great deal of grinding required at times which can make things become a little tedious every now and then.
- I was a little disappointed that the game didn’t offer any couch co-op options.
Does Farm Together do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Farm Together did an amazing thing and that amazing thing was that it made my girlfriend enjoy gaming. This is an impressive feat as well because my girlfriend isn’t the biggest fan of gaming so watching her enjoying doing different farming tasks was quite nice to see. Thankfully I also enjoyed my time with the game as well and as far as farming games go it’s up there with the very best and that’s mainly because it allows you to go at your own pace whilst also chopping and changing everything to your hearts content. This then means in terms of replayabilty the game has an almost endless amount and you’ll definitely return back to your farm or other people’s farms time and time again. The easy to pick up and play style also means that gamers of all ages can play as well and my children definitely enjoyed helping me out with the various farming tasks I had to do. In terms of problems the game doesn’t have too many at all and for me the only real problem was that it didn’t offer you the chance to play the game in a couch co-op setting. That being said I was easily able to look past this because you can all enjoy the game controlling the same character. At the end of the day then Farm Together gets a very big recommendation from me because it makes farming fun and this fun lasts for a long time and for the nice price you get more than enough to keep you satisfied.
I rate Farm Together 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Milkstone Studios
Publisher: Milkstone Studios
Release Date (Xbox One): January 18, 2019