What I liked:
- Considering I’ve played this game on PC before I must admit I was very impressed with the controls that have been implemented in the console version.
- The presentation side of the game gives the gameplay an extra edge to it and both the visuals and sound design tick a lot of boxes in the process.
- In terms of replaybilty and content there are hours and hours to wade through and if you like game’s like this it will no doubt keep you satisfied for ages.
- I found the strategy elements to have a great deal of depth within them and this makes every aspect in the gameplay feel very important and rewarding.
- This game is very unique and there isn’t much like it on consoles which gives the game another selling point.
What I didn’t like:
- At the start it does take quite a bit of getting used to and it can be a little tedious during this time.
- Every now and then it can feel a little overwhelming and if you’re not a fan of little intricate details then it may cause you a few problems.
Does Stellaris: Console Edition do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all I’ll admit to you now that I was a little nervous about Stellaris making its way to the Xbox One because obviously this game is a PC title through and through and I did have my fears that it would be littered with quite a few issues on console. Thankfully though my fears never came true because there aren’t any issues at all and in the end it fits into the console’s way of doing things really well. The controls were without a doubt one of the most impressive things about this port because they combine really well with the gameplay and always remain responsive. This then means you can enjoy the game’s content fully and to say there’s a lot of varied content to work through would be a massive understatement. I will say though that it will take a little bit of getting used to and it can be a little overwhelming at times but once the penny finally drops you’ll end up having an experience like no other with strategy elements that have so much depth that it will keep you coming back for more time and time again. At the end of the day then if you’re looking for something different and you like the idea of controlling everything then Stellaris: Console Edition is a must buy for you. You won’t be disappointed either because you can shape your own destiny in multiple ways and it always gives you the feeling of just one more hour no matter how tired you are.
I rate Stellaris: Console Edition 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Paradox Development Studio/Tantalus Media
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Release Date (Xbox One): February 26, 2019