What I liked:
- The presentation side of the game creates a very realistic atmosphere and at times both the visuals and sound design make you actually think you’re working in a restaurant.
- In terms of content the game has a huge amount for you to get to grips with and there’s enough variety present in the content to keep things fresh and exciting for the most part.
- There’s a decent amount of foods you can cook and with the added bonus of quite a bit of customisation available you can always add your personal touch.
- Each different mechanic has been done well and plays a big part in the grand scheme of things.
- I was surprised that the game has a decent story and reading the various emails made me want to carry on in my cooking adventure.
What I didn’t like:
- Whilst I enjoyed the challenge the game can get a little too difficult from time to time which did make things become a little frustrating.
- Even though the content has variety it can still get repetitive quite quickly so I recommend that you play the game in short bursts.
Does Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all I’ll admit to you now that cooking games are somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine and to say I enjoyed the fantastic Overcooked and Overcooked 2 games from Team17 would be a massive understatement. That being said even though they were very good I often found them to lack in terms of realism and thankfully that’s something that Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! doesn’t suffer from and whilst the difficulty curve can be a problem from time to time the realistic approach always made serving and completing a dish a very rewarding experience. You’ll be pleased to know then that there’s plenty of dishes to cook and you can also tweak and change your restaurant to your heart’s content as well. This then means that the game has plenty of content for you to get to grips with but even though there’s plenty of content for you to work through I would still recommend that you play the game in short bursts though because it does get a tad repetitive and tedious every now and then. Something that doesn’t get repetitive though is the games presentation because every place you look you find both the visuals and sound design dripping with atmosphere, which in turn made the manic cooking elements even more fun. At the end of the day then if you’re one of them people who loves the fast-paced offerings of a kitchen then you’ll thoroughly enjoy cooking in this games kitchens because it’s fun and challenging at the same time and there never seems to be a dull moment when you’re preparing your food.
I rate Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! 8.5/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Publisher: Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Release Date (Xbox One): April 10, 2019