What I liked:
- When played with friends this game is very enjoyable and if played this way you’ll no doubt return back to it time and time again.
- The simple easy to pick up and play style that’s present in the game means people of all ages can get something out of Stunt Kite Party without too many complications.
- In terms of content there is a decent amount for you to get to grips with and with the added bonus of variety in the different game modes getting bored very rarely happens.
- Whilst the presentation side of the game isn’t out of this world I found both the visuals and sound design to fit the gameplay extremely well.
What I didn’t like:
- When you play the game on your own you find it to get repetitive very quickly which does make completing the story mode a bit of a chore.
- Sometimes the AI felt very unfair when I played on my own which did cause me to experience quite a few frustrating moments.
- There isn’t much in terms of depth when it comes to the gameplay which might make it less appealing to some people.
Does Stunt Kite Party do enough to get a recommendation from me?
All in all Stunt Kite Party is one of them games that is best enjoyed with friends or family and even though it has limitations when played this way you’ll find this to be a game that you’ll return back to quite often. On the other hand though if you play this game on your own then you’ll find Stunt Kite Party to get repetitive really quickly and this does make completing the story mode quite a bit of a chore. The unfair AI doesn’t help matters either because it does frustrate you quite a lot so I would recommend that you play this game with friends or family only. Thankfully I was able to play it this way as well because me and my children spent quite a few hours on it and on the whole they enjoyed it quite a bit. They didn’t get frustrated either because getting used to the game didn’t take them long thanks to the easy to pick up and play style that’s featured in the game. They also very rarely got bored as well because in terms of content the game has a decent amount for you to get to grips with and with the added bonus of variety present in the content it means that you get very good value for your money. This then makes you tend to forget about the lack of depth in the gameplay because after all this game is just about giving you some fun-filled moments and it does succeed in doing that. At the end of the day then if you like local multiplayer games that don’t challenge you too much then you’ll thoroughly enjoy what Stunt Kite Party brings to the table. Yes it isn’t perfect and it won’t be the best game you’ve ever played before but it does enough to get a recommendation from me because it’s fun and enjoyable quite a lot of the time.
I rate Stunt Kite Party 7/10.
Written by: gerrardnum8 (Dean Martin)
Developer: http://www.handy-games.com GmbH
Publisher: http://www.handy-games.com GmbH
Genre: Family & Kids
Release Date (Xbox One): June 7, 2019